Scabies, caused by Sarcoptes scabiei, an itch mite, is contagious but can be cured. The medication for scabies may last for about two weeks. However, you might continue to experience severe itching (the main symptom of scabies) for about two to four weeks after the cure.
- Q How do parasitic skin infections affect the body?
- Q Is there a cure for parasitic skin infections?
- Q How do other illnesses affect scabies?
- Q What type of doctor should I see for my parasitic skin infection?
- Q How is the parasitic skin infection lice treated?
- Q Why am I still itchy after my parasitic skin infection is gone?