Scabies, caused by Sarcoptes scabiei, an itch mite, is contagious but can be cured. The medication for scabies may last for about two weeks. However, you might continue to experience severe itching (the main symptom of scabies) for about two to four weeks after the cure.
- Q Why am I still itchy after my parasitic skin infection is gone?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my parasitic skin infection symptoms?
- Q What is a parasitic skin infection?
- Q What are the chances of recurrence for scabies?
- Q What are the treatment options for parasitic skin infections?
- Q Is there a cure for parasitic skin infections?