Scabies, caused by Sarcoptes scabiei, an itch mite, is contagious but can be cured. The medication for scabies may last for about two weeks. However, you might continue to experience severe itching (the main symptom of scabies) for about two to four weeks after the cure.
- Q How is the parasitic skin infection lice treated?
- Q Should I tell my child's school about parasitic skin infection?
- Q Is scabies a type of parasitic skin infection?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my parasitic skin infection symptoms?
- Q How does scabies affect the body?
- Q Who is most at risk for parasitic skin infections?