Scabies, caused by Sarcoptes scabiei, an itch mite, is contagious but can be cured. The medication for scabies may last for about two weeks. However, you might continue to experience severe itching (the main symptom of scabies) for about two to four weeks after the cure.
- Q Should I tell my child's school about parasitic skin infection?
- Q How common is scabies?
- Q Is there a cure for scabies?
- Q How does scabies affect the body?
- Q How do parasitic skin infections affect the body?
- Q Who is most at risk for parasitic skin infections?