Scabies, caused by Sarcoptes scabiei, an itch mite, is contagious but can be cured. The medication for scabies may last for about two weeks. However, you might continue to experience severe itching (the main symptom of scabies) for about two to four weeks after the cure.
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my parasitic skin infection symptoms?
- Q How do parasitic skin infections affect the body?
- Q How do other illnesses affect scabies?
- Q How do medications treat parasitic skin infections?
- Q What are the treatment options for parasitic skin infections?
- Q Can parasitic skin infections be prevented?