Scabies, caused by Sarcoptes scabiei, an itch mite, is contagious but can be cured. The medication for scabies may last for about two weeks. However, you might continue to experience severe itching (the main symptom of scabies) for about two to four weeks after the cure.
- Q How is the parasitic skin infection lice treated?
- Q Is scabies a type of parasitic skin infection?
- Q Can parasitic skin infections be prevented?
- Q Do parasitic skin infections affect children differently than adults?
- Q How do I care for someone with a parasitic skin infection?
- Q What are the treatment options for parasitic skin infections?