Scabies, caused by Sarcoptes scabiei, an itch mite, is contagious but can be cured. The medication for scabies may last for about two weeks. However, you might continue to experience severe itching (the main symptom of scabies) for about two to four weeks after the cure.
- Q Is there a cure for scabies?
- Q Can parasitic skin infections be prevented?
- Q What is a parasitic skin infection?
- Q How do medications treat parasitic skin infections?
- Q What are the treatment options for parasitic skin infections?
- Q How do I care for someone with a parasitic skin infection?