Scabies, caused by Sarcoptes scabiei, an itch mite, is contagious but can be cured. The medication for scabies may last for about two weeks. However, you might continue to experience severe itching (the main symptom of scabies) for about two to four weeks after the cure.
- Q Should I tell my child's school about parasitic skin infection?
- Q Do parasitic skin infections affect children differently than adults?
- Q What is a parasitic skin infection?
- Q Can parasitic skin infections be prevented?
- Q Is there a cure for parasitic skin infections?
- Q What is scabies?