Scabies, caused by Sarcoptes scabiei, an itch mite, is contagious but can be cured. The medication for scabies may last for about two weeks. However, you might continue to experience severe itching (the main symptom of scabies) for about two to four weeks after the cure.
- Q Is there a cure for scabies?
- Q What is a parasitic skin infection?
- Q Does scabies affect children differently than adults?
- Q Can parasitic skin infections be prevented?
- Q What are the treatment options for parasitic skin infections?
- Q Is there a cure for parasitic skin infections?