Can Paget's disease be prevented?

The exact cause of Paget's disease is not known; therefore, it is difficult to prevent. Regular exercise and consuming enough calcium and vitamin D can strengthen your bones, but not necessarily prevent Paget's disease. Once Paget's disease has been diagnosed, taking appropriate medication can prevent the disease from progressing quickly.

Continue Learning about Paget's Disease

Should I talk to my doctor about my Paget's disease symptoms?
People with Paget's disease should see a doctor to have their pain treated and to prevent complicati...
What is Pagets disease?
Paget's disease changes your bones. Normally, bone tissue is broken down and rebuilt throughout your...