When can I stop taking Roxicodone?

Roxicodone (oxycodone) is a medication prescribed for the relief of moderate to severe pain. When your pain goes away, you probably won't need Roxicodone any longer. However, don't stop taking Roxicodone before talking to your doctor. Abruptly giving up Roxicodone could cause you to experience withdrawal symptoms, such as chills, restlessness, tearfulness and muscle aches. Your doctor may have you reduce your use of Roxicodone gradually in order to avoid these withdrawal symptoms.

Continue Learning about Oxycodone

Who should not take oxycodone?
You might not be able to take oxycodone if you have low blood pressure, asthma, chronic obstruct...
How do I take oxycodone?
You should take oxycodone exactly as directed by the doctor who prescribed it for you. Typically...
What is oxycodone hydrochloride?
Oxycodone hydrochloride is a narcotic analgesic medication similar to morphine that is taken day and...
Can I take oxycodone if I am pregnant?
Oxycodone has been classified in Pregnancy Category B by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA),...