Can I use Roxicodone if I am taking tranylcypromine?

If you're being treated with tranylcypromine (Parnate), tell your doctor if he or she prescribes the pain medication Roxicodone (oxycodone). Roxicodone belongs to a group of pain-relieving medications sometimes called narcotics, or opioids. Tranylcypromine is an antidepressant that is typically prescribed to people with severe depression that hasn't responded to therapy. There have been reports that tranylcypromine exaggerates the effects of opioid drugs, which could cause serious side effects. If your doctor decides that it's safe for you to take Roxicodone, he or she needs to know about your use of tranylcypromine in order to get your dosage right.

Continue Learning about Oxycodone

What is oxycodone hydrochloride?
Oxycodone hydrochloride is a narcotic analgesic medication similar to morphine that is taken day and...
What should I know about oxycodone before taking it?
You should know that oxycodone can be addictive and is a drug that has been abused. You will nee...
Is oxycodone habit-forming?
Yes. Although physical dependence on oxycodone is possible, it is unlikely if the lowest dose is...
How does oxycodone interact with other drugs or food?
Central nervous system (CNS) depressants (drugs that make you drowsy) can increase the effects o...