What is the role of OVX1 in ovarian cancer?

David A. Fishman, MD
Gynecologic Oncology
OVX1 refers to either the ovarian or breast cancer related antigen on a high molecular weight mucin-like glycoprotein or the monoclonal murine antibody that recognizes it. OVX1 has been reported to be elevated (>7.2 u/mL) in 70% of patients with ovarian tumors. Increased levels of OVX1 can be found in 59% of patients with ovarian tumors and normal cancer antigen 125 (CA125) levels.

Continue Learning about Ovarian Cancer

If Diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer, What Should My Family Know?
After an ovarian cancer diagnosis, it's important to let family and loved ones know that their support will be needed, says Audra Moran. In this video...
What is the role of M-CSF in ovarian cancer?
David A. Fishman, MDDavid A. Fishman, MD
Macrophage colony stimulating factor (M-CSF), also known as CSF-1, is a cytokine that is associa...
Why do some people think ovarian cancer starts in the fallopian tubes?
Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF)Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF)
One of the first hints that some cases of ovarian cancer might start in the Fallopian tubes was the ...
How Does Sequestration Affect the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund?