What can I expect after surgery for ovarian cancer?

Nimesh P. Nagarsheth, MD
Gynecologic Oncology
Depending on the type of surgery, ovarian cancer patients can expect to be in the hospital for three days. In this video, Nimesh Nagarsheth, MD, a gynecolgic oncologist at The Mount Sinai Medical Center, explains that some procedures can result in shorter stays.

Continue Learning about Ovarian Cancer

5 Questions and Answers About Maintenance Therapy for Ovarian Cancer
Maintenance therapies are treatments that help prevent cancer from coming back. In this video, get answers to five common questions about maintenance ...
What is the survival rate for ovarian cancer?
The survival rate for ovarian cancer depends on its stage at the time of diagnosis. Ovarian cancer i...
Can I get ovarian cancer if my ovaries are removed?
Hugo D. Ribot Jr., MDHugo D. Ribot Jr., MD
Unfortunately one can get a type of cancer that to the pathologist looking at tissue under the micro...
How Has Surgery for Ovarian Cancer Changed?