What are the treatment options for osteomalacia?

The most common treatment for osteomalacia is to work on increasing the levels of vitamin D in the body. Oral supplements or injections of vitamin D can help restore the proper levels of vitamin D in the body. If necessary, calcium and phosphorus supplements may also be needed.

Continue Learning about Osteomalacia

How do I manage my osteomalacia on a daily basis?
Depending upon the levels of vitamin D, calcium, and phosphorus in your body, you may need to take d...
What is adult rickets?
Adult rickets, or osteomalacia, is a bone weakness caused by a vitamin D deficiency, much like the c...
What increases my risk of developing osteomalacia?
Lack of sunlight can increase your risk of developing osteomalacia because sunlight aids in vitamin ...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with osteomalacia?
If you are caring for someone with osteomalacia, be aware of their pain and symptoms. Achiness in th...