What type of material are invisible (lingual) braces made of?

Invisible (lingual) braces are made of stainless steel. In some cases, invisible braces are made of titanium.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Am I too old to get braces?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
The most common age for getting braces is 11 to 12. However, Dante Gonzales, DMD, explains in this v...
Do orthodontists charge more than dentists?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontists are specialists who have additional training and experience in straightening teeth. Ge...
Why is early orthodontic treatment important?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Treatment that begins while a child is growing helps produce optimal results. Since abnormal bites u...
Will braces make it hard for me to play musical instruments?
Because braces are fixed on the front surface of the teeth, it can affect the playing of some musica...