What will happen to my teeth if I don't get metal braces?

If you don't get metal braces, or metal brackets attached to the back of your teeth, your teeth may shift and worsen. Overcrowded and crooked teeth are harder to clean. Jaw and alignment problems can become more severe, making it hard for you to chew and talk. Bacteria and food can get trapped between the teeth, increasing your risk of gum disease and tooth decay. If you don't get metal braces, talk to an orthodontist about other types of braces.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Do orthodontists charge more than dentists?
Gregory R. Cannizzo, DDSGregory R. Cannizzo, DDS
According to a recent survey by a dental web site their results from this same question found that C...
What tools can help me keep my braces and teeth clean?
Carol JahnCarol Jahn
One of the best tools for cleaning around braces is a water flosser. A water flosser with a speciali...
What is malocclusion of the teeth?
Dan JenkinsDan Jenkins
Malocclusion, (literally, unhealthy-bite), can be caused by underdevelopment of the jaws that hold t...
How do I floss if I have braces?
Carol JahnCarol Jahn
One of the very best products for people of any age with braces is an oral irrigator/water flosser. ...