Herpes simplex type 1, the virus that causes oral herpes, is very contagious. In fact, about half the people in the U.S. will catch the virus before they are 20. In order to prevent catching the virus, do not kiss or share personal items with anyone who has a cold sore.
Stopping Malaria 3:24
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my oral herpes symptoms?
- Q How many people have herpes simplex virus 1?
- Q What increases my risk for oral herpes?
- Q What causes oral herpes?
- Q What is the difference between cold sores and shingles?
- Q What are cold sores?