Herpes simplex type 1, the virus that causes oral herpes, is very contagious. In fact, about half the people in the U.S. will catch the virus before they are 20. In order to prevent catching the virus, do not kiss or share personal items with anyone who has a cold sore.
Stopping Malaria 3:24
- Q Can oral herpes be transmitted to my baby?
- Q What causes oral herpes?
- Q If I have cold sores, does that protect me from genital herpes?
- Q Where can cold sores develop?
- Q If I have a cold sore, how long is it contagious?
- Q How long do cold sores last?