Herpes simplex type 1, the virus that causes oral herpes, is very contagious. In fact, about half the people in the U.S. will catch the virus before they are 20. In order to prevent catching the virus, do not kiss or share personal items with anyone who has a cold sore.
Stopping Malaria 3:24
- Q Will my cold sore go away by itself?
- Q Are cold sores contagious?
- Q Where can cold sores develop?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my oral herpes symptoms?
- Q How might a child get a cold sore?
- Q If I have a cold sore, how long is it contagious?