Nucynta, the brand name for tapentadol, is a prescription narcotic pain reliever. Nucynta is used to treat moderate to severe pain that is expected to last for a short time. It is in a class of medications called opiate (narcotic) analgesics. It works by changing the way the body responds to pain. Nucynta can become habit-forming if you take it for an extended period.
- Q How soon after starting Nucynta will my symptoms improve?
- Q Who should not take Nucynta?
- Q Can I use Nucynta if I am taking migraine medications?
- Q Can I take Nucynta ER if I have a history of alcoholism?
- Q Can I use Nucynta if I have a history of hypercapnia?
- Q When should I call my doctor if I am taking Nucynta?