Nucynta, the brand name for tapentadol, is a prescription narcotic pain reliever. Nucynta is used to treat moderate to severe pain that is expected to last for a short time. It is in a class of medications called opiate (narcotic) analgesics. It works by changing the way the body responds to pain. Nucynta can become habit-forming if you take it for an extended period.
- Q Can I use Nucynta if I have a history of asthma?
- Q Can I use Nucynta if I have a history of seizures?
- Q Can I use Nucynta if I am breastfeeding?
- Q Is there a generic version of Nucynta?
- Q When should I call my doctor if I am taking Nucynta?
- Q Can I use Nucynta if I have a history of sleep apnea?