Should I drink alcohol while taking Opana?

No. You should not drink alcoholic beverages while taking Opana. In fact, you should be extra careful you do not eat any food or take any medications that may contain even a small amount of alcohol. If you are taking the extended-release tablets, you could accidentally overdose by using alcohol. Talk with your doctor about all the medications and supplements you take.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What are opioid medications?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Opioid pain medication is a common type of prescription pain medication. It is also sometimes call...
What should I avoid doing while on opioid medication for chronic pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Take opioid pain medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain sign...
Should opioids be prescribed for all types of pain?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Opioids can be very helpful for acute pain management in the short term, but there are some side eff...
How will my doctor ensure I don’t become addicted to opioid medication?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There is no clear way to ensure that you won’t become addicted to opioids if you are taking them for...