How should I store Subutex?

Store Subutex (buprenorphine) tablets in the container in which they came, with the lid tightly closed, at room temperature (59 to 86 degrees F). Keep it away from moisture and light, and make sure it's out of reach and sight of children. It should also be inaccessible to anyone who might abuse it.

If you have expired Subutex, or if you have some left after you've stopped taking it, ask your doctor or pharmacist about the best way to dispose of it.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What should I know before taking opioids?
Before prescribing an opioid for low back pain, your doctor should order a urine test to check for o...
What should I avoid doing while on opioid medication for chronic pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Take opioid pain medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain sign...
Why should I lock up my opioid medication and dispose of unused pills?
It can seem inconvenient to lock up opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way yo...
How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...