How should I store morphine controlled release?

Keep morphine controlled release in the container in which it was dispensed. Make sure the lid is sealed tight. Store morphine controlled release in a secure place at room temperature. Avoid storing this or any other medication in the bathroom. The high temperature and moisture in a bathroom can damage medicine. Keep morphine controlled release away from children. Throw out drugs that have expired or that you no longer take.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What should I avoid doing while on opioid medication for chronic pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Take opioid pain medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain sign...
How do opioids relieve pain?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Prescription drugs that contain opioids (opioid analgesics) such as codeine are useful for pain ...
What are the side effects of opioid medication for short-term pain?
Opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) for s...
Can I use tramadol if I have a history of diabetes?
Tramadol belongs to a class of drugs called opioid analgesics, which doctors prescribe for the treat...