Can I use Subutex if I am taking danazol?

If you are taking danazol, talk to your doctor and pharmacist before going on Subutex (buprenorphine), a medicine that helps treat addiction to opioid drugs, including heroin, morphine and other narcotic painkillers. Danazol, a drug used to treat endometriosis, may interact with Subutex. That may raise your risk for side effects and affect how well either or both drugs work. Your doctor may need to adjust dose levels and monitor you closely for side effects.

Danazol is one of many drugs that may interact with Subutex. Before taking Subutex, give your doctor and pharmacist a list of all your other medicines (prescription and nonprescription) and dietary and herbal supplements. Once you're on Subutex, do not take any new drug or supplement without checking with your doctor and pharmacist first.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
Why should I lock up my opioid medication and dispose of unused pills?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
It can seem inconvenient to lock up opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way yo...
How do opioids relieve pain?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Prescription drugs that contain opioids (opioid analgesics) such as codeine are useful for pain ...
What should I avoid doing while on opioid medication for chronic pain?
Take opioid pain medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain sign...