Can I use Exalgo if I have a history of urinary problems?

If you have a history of urinary problems -- such as trouble passing urine or a narrow urethra -- you may be able to take the powerful pain medication Exalgo (hydromorphone), but the drug can make it harder for you to urinate. If your doctor wants to prescribe Exalgo for you, bring up your urinary problem so that he or she can decide if the drug really is the best choice for managing your pain. 

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How does tramadol treat fibromyalgia?
Tramadol (Conzip, Ultram) is a weak narcotic pain medication. It is sometimes prescribed for people ...
What are alternatives to opioid pain medication?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Depending on your pain condition, alternatives to opioid pain medication can include: Non-opioid...
Should opioids be prescribed for all types of pain?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Opioids can be very helpful for acute pain management in the short term, but there are some side eff...
What are opioid medications?
Opioid medications are strong prescription medications that change the way your brain handles pain s...