Can I use Exalgo if I have a history of thyroid disease?

If you have a history of thyroid disease, the powerful pain medication Exalgo (hydromorphone) may not be right for you. This is especially true if you have hypothyroidism, or low thyroid function.

If your doctor wants to prescribe Exalgo for you, be sure to bring up your thyroid condition. That way he or she can determine if Exalgo is the best drug for managing your pain, and if so, what dose you can safely take.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What are the risks of using opioid pain medication?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
The main effects and risks of using opioids include nausea and constipation, accidental overdose, an...
What are the symptoms of opioid medication withdrawal?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Someone who is going through opioid withdrawal will experience a terrible feeling of pain, joint ach...
What medications interact with opioids?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you are taking a benzodiazepine, mifepristone, or sodium oxybate, you should not take opioids. ...
What should I know before taking opioids?
Before prescribing an opioid for low back pain, your doctor should order a urine test to check for o...