Can I use Exalgo if I have a history of liver disease?

Exalgo (hydromorphone), a strong medication used to relieve continuous moderate to severe pain, may not be right for people with a history of liver disease, including hepatitis.

If your doctor decides Exalgo is right for you, he or she will have to determine the right dose and timing for you.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What should I avoid doing while on opioid medication for chronic pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Take opioid pain medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain sign...
What medications can cause breathing problems when taken with opioids?
Medications that interact with opioids to decrease breathing include clonazepam (Klonopin), alpr...
Why should I lock up my opioid medication and dispose of unused pills?
It can seem inconvenient to lock up opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way yo...
What are the side effects of opioid medication for short-term pain?
Opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) for s...