Can I use Exalgo if I have a history of gallbladder disease?

Exalgo (hydromorphone), a strong medication used to relieve continuous moderate to severe pain, may not be right for you if you have a history of gallbladder disease. Exalgo can worsen gallstones, gallbladder disease and pancreatitis.

Be sure to tell your doctor if you have a history of gallbladder disease so that he or she can decide whether Exalgo is right for you.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How will my doctor ensure I don’t become addicted to opioid medication?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There is no clear way to ensure that you won’t become addicted to opioids if you are taking them for...
How should I get rid of unused opioid medication?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Get rid of unused opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain ...
What are opioid medications?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Opioid pain medication is a common type of prescription pain medication. It is also sometimes call...
What opioid medications can help treat severe headaches?
Egilius L. Spierings, MDEgilius L. Spierings, MD
If you suffer severe headaches frequently, if not daily, one strategy to consider is a long-acti...