What increases my risk for onychoschizia?

Your risk for onychoschizia is increased if you frequently wash and dry your hands. Onychoschizia can also be developed because of frequent nail treatments with harsh chemicals. Conditions like tuberculosis, Sjogren syndrome, malnutrition, and psoriasis can also increase your chances of developing onychoschizia. Since onychoschizia is sometimes linked to the X chromosome, women are often more likely to develop the condition.

Continue Learning about Onychoschizia (Nail Splitting)

Can onychoschizia be prevented?
Onychoschizia can be prevented with better nail care and protection. Nail care includes keeping a he...
How do medications treat onychoschizia?
Onychoschizia is not usually treated with medications. Instead, onychoschizia is treated through bet...
Why is my onychoschizia worse in the winter?
Onychoschizia can become worse in the winter because this is usually when the weather is driest. In ...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with onychoschizia?
Usually, an individual with onychoschizia can treat the condition on their own without any outside h...