How common is onychoschizia?

Nearly 20 percent of people develop onychoschizia. Since onychoschizia is often found in conditions that are linked to the X chromosome, onychoschizia is more common in women. Onychoschizia is also problematic for older people, probably because of a lack of nutrients. Also, onychoschizia is found in different occupations like cleaning, medical care, and hairdressing that have frequent exposure to water or hand washing.

Continue Learning about Onychoschizia (Nail Splitting)

What increases my risk for onychoschizia?
Your risk for onychoschizia is increased if you frequently wash and dry your hands. Onychoschizia ca...
How does onychoschizia affect the body?
Onychoschizia, or nail splitting, doesn’t usually pose any health threat to the rest of the body...
Should I talk to my doctor about my onychoschizia symptoms?
Usually onychoschizia can be diagnosed and treated without the help of a doctor. However, you may ch...
How do medications treat onychoschizia?
Onychoschizia is not usually treated with medications. Instead, onychoschizia is treated through bet...