Are there alternative treatments for onychoschizia?

Usually, you can help your onychoschizia simply with better nail care and protection. However, in some cases, doctors may recommend vitamin supplements to improve nail health. One of the most popular medications for nail strength is biotin. Biotin is a vitamin that has been shown to help strengthen nails. Other products that may help onychoschizia are calcium, minerals, and gelatin.

Continue Learning about Onychoschizia (Nail Splitting)

Is there a cure for onychoschizia?
Onychoschizia can usually be cured simply through better nail care. This includes keeping a healthy ...
What is onychoschizia?
Onychoschizia occurs when your fingernails begin to split horizontally. Your fingernails are compose...
Can onychoschizia be prevented?
Onychoschizia can be prevented with better nail care and protection. Nail care includes keeping a he...
How can I strengthen my nails and prevent onychoschizia?
There are several nail-strengthening products on the market today that you can use to strengthen you...