Who should take Zyprexa (olanzapine)?

Zyprexa (olanzapine) is used to treat adults and adolescents with bipolar disorder or schizophrenia. Zyprexa is approved only for people over the age of 13. Zyprexa is used in tandem with other medications to treat bouts of depression in adults with bipolar I disorder. Zyprexa may also treat a condition called treatment-resistant depression, which is diagnosed when the symptoms of depression persist even after a person has been treated with several other medications.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

Can I smoke while taking olanzapine?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
How should I take olanzapine?
What should I know about olanzapine extended release injections?
Olanzapine extended release injectable suspension should not be used by people who have dementia...
Can I breast-feed while taking olanzapine?