Who should take Zyprexa (olanzapine)?

Zyprexa (olanzapine) is used to treat adults and adolescents with bipolar disorder or schizophrenia. Zyprexa is approved only for people over the age of 13. Zyprexa is used in tandem with other medications to treat bouts of depression in adults with bipolar I disorder. Zyprexa may also treat a condition called treatment-resistant depression, which is diagnosed when the symptoms of depression persist even after a person has been treated with several other medications.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

Can my elderly parent take olanzapine for dementia-related psychosis?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
What are the side effects of olanzapine?
Olanzapine can cause side effects, some of which may be serious. You also should seek emergency ...
What is olanzapine extended release injectable suspension?
Olanzapine extended release injectable suspension is a prescription injection used to treat schi...
How should I take olanzapine?