What specific rosacea skin treatment can help ocular rosacea?

The same oral antibiotics that help treat rosacea in the skin can also improve ocular rosacea, including tetracycline or doxycycline. In severe cases, doctors may also recommend short-term use of oral corticosteroid medications to reduce inflammation in the eyes. Artificial tear drops, gentle eye washes, or even using baby shampoo on the eyelash area may also be recommended.

Continue Learning about Ocular Rosacea

Who is most at risk for ocular rosacea?
Ocular rosacea usually affects adults between 30 and 60 years of age, so if you are older than 60 or...
What antibiotics might my doctor prescribe for ocular rosacea?
Tetracycline is a common antibiotic used to treat ocular rosacea. Antibiotics for ocular rosacea are...
How often should I wash my eyes if I have ocular rosacea?
You need to wash your eyes to relieve them of the dryness and itchiness caused by ocular rosacea. Yo...
Are there alternative treatments for ocular rosacea?
You may ultimately need a prescription from your doctor to treat ocular rosacea, but there are steps...