What is the best way to protect eyes with ocular rosacea from the sun?

The best sun protection for eyes with ocular rosacea is wearing sunglasses that block both UVA and UVB rays of the sun. Look for a label on the glasses that says they block 100% of UV light. Choose styles that wrap around the temples to ensure sunlight doesn’t come in the sides of the glasses. Sunlight can trigger symptoms of rosacea in the eyes, such as dilated blood vessels and redness, as well as in the skin. Don’t assume that because the glasses are dark or expensive they block out UV light. Sunglasses that aren’t designed to screen sunlight may actually allow more sunlight into the eyes, possibly worsening ocular rosacea symptoms.

Continue Learning about Ocular Rosacea

Should I talk to my doctor about my ocular rosacea symptoms?
If you have symptoms of ocular rosacea, you should talk to your doctor. You may need medication pres...
What increases my risk for ocular rosacea?
Ocular rosacea accompanies skin rosacea in many cases, so if you have skin rosacea, you should monit...
Does ocular rosacea affect women differently than men?
The effects of ocular rosacea are the same in women as they are in men. Both genders may experience ...
What kind of doctor treats ocular rosacea?
If you have ocular rosacea, you may want to see a specialist. An ophthalmologist is a doctor who spe...