What increases my risk for ocular rosacea?

Ocular rosacea accompanies skin rosacea in many cases, so if you have skin rosacea, you should monitor your eyes for ocular rosacea. Because rosacea may be genetic, you could be at risk for ocular rosacea if others in your family have rosacea. If you tend to blush easily, you also could be prone to developing ocular rosacea. Ocular rosacea usually affects people with fair skin who are in mid-adulthood. If you fit in that demographic, you could also be at risk.

Continue Learning about Ocular Rosacea

What kind of doctor treats ocular rosacea?
If you have ocular rosacea, you may want to see a specialist. An ophthalmologist is a doctor who spe...
Should I use artificial tears to treat ocular rosacea?
Sometimes you can use artificial tears to treat the symptoms of ocular rosacea, such as dry, red, it...
What are the treatment options for ocular rosacea?
You will need to talk with your doctor in order to treat ocular rosacea. Your doctor will most likel...
What specific rosacea skin treatment can help ocular rosacea?
The same oral antibiotics that help treat rosacea in the skin can also improve ocular rosacea, inc...