What increases my risk for occipital neuralgia?

Your risk for occipital neuralgia can increase if you have a head or neck injury. Sleeping with your neck in an awkward position or any other activities that may result in a pinched occipital nerve can also increase your risk. Those with conditions such as diabetes, gout, and osteoarthritis may have an increased risk of developing occipital neuralgia as well.

Continue Learning about Occipital Neuralgia

Should I see a doctor about my occipital neuralgia symptoms?
If you believe you are experiencing symptoms of occipital neuralgia, it is a good idea to see your d...
Can occipital neuralgia be prevented?
Some cases of occipital neuralgia can be prevented while other cannot. Most factors that cause the c...
Are there alternative treatments for occipital neuralgia?
If tight muscles are causing your occipital neuralgia, you may not need any medication or invasive p...
What are the symptoms of occipital neuralgia?
The main symptom of occipital neuralgia is severe pain in the back of your head and scalp. It is oft...