What types of cancer are linked to obesity?

The cancer types that have been linked to excessive body weight include the following types of cancers:
  • Breast
  • Cervix
  • Colon
  • Esophagus
  • Gallbladder
  • Kidney
  • Liver
  • Ovary
  • Pancreas
  • Prostate
  • Rectum
  • Stomach (at least in men)
  • Uterus

Continue Learning about Obesity

When It Comes to Body Fat, It's All About Location
If you're overweight, the extra fat is sure to manifest itself in some outward side effects, like a lack of energy or self-esteem. But many of the ris...
How common is obesity?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Obesity, defined as a body mass index (BMI) of above 30, is now extremely common in the United State...
How does obesity affect lifespan?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Severe obesity -- having a BMI (body mass index) of over 40 -- can shorten lifespan by 14 years. Res...
How Can I Slow the Progression of Arthritis?