What are common questions a family doctor gets from both men and women?

Patients frequently ask family doctors questions related to improving their overall health. It's common for doctors to be asked for information and advice on how to stop smoking and how to lose weight. Patients also frequently have questions about which blood tests and screening tests they need, such as when to have their cholesterol checked.

Because family doctors treat men and women of all ages, all professions and all cultural backgrounds, the range of questions from patients is very broad. Many people are concerned about their weight, which in turn affects many diseases and conditions including hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, heart disease, stroke and a host of musculoskeletal issues. That said, a family medicine doctor addresses everything from abdominal pain to rashes and headaches, and is always faced with new diagnostic and treatment challenges. No two days in the office are the same for a family doctor.

Continue Learning about Obesity

Is Obesity Draining your Brain Power?
Is Obesity Draining your Brain Power?
Need some extra motivation to take off those excess pounds? We’ve got it for you! A report reveals, for the first time, that there’s a direct link bet...
What should I do if I'm morbidly obese?
Nicole Florence, MDNicole Florence, MD
If you are considered to be morbidly obese, it is important to see your physician or a medical weigh...
How can being overweight during pregnancy affect my baby?
Donna FeldmanDonna Feldman
It’s inevitable: As the obesity rate climbs, more pregnant women are overweight or obese.  Statistic...
What Are Some Non-Surgicial Ways to Treat Obesity?