Should I talk to my doctor about my obesity symptoms?

If you believe that you may be obese because of your appearance or because of symptoms like shortness of breath or joint pain, you should speak with your doctor. It is easier to prevent obesity than to try to lose the excess weight later on, so speak to your doctor as soon as possible. As with any appointment, be sure to discuss the causes, symptoms, complications, and treatments associated with obesity.

Absolutely and as soon as possible! The good news is that obesity is very treatable.  There is a lot of information available regarding nutrition, exercise and medical procedures. Your doctor can help you sort through it and come up with a realistic plan to help you live  healthy and well.

Continue Learning about Obesity

Turn Back the Clock on the Obesity Epidemic
Were you breaking into the workforce back when Elvis was king and a gallon of gas cost 25 cents? Yes? Then your job was probably active enough to keep...
What causes obesity?
Obesity has a variety of causes that vary depending on the individual. However, the main cause of ob...
6 Surprising Factors That Increase Your Obesity Risk
6 Surprising Factors That Increase Your Obesity Risk6 Surprising Factors That Increase Your Obesity Risk6 Surprising Factors That Increase Your Obesity Risk6 Surprising Factors That Increase Your Obesity Risk
You knew overeating and inactivity can up your odds—but the list doesn't end there.
Can the Obesity Pandemic Be Reversed?
Can the Obesity Pandemic Be Reversed?