Should I talk to my doctor about my obesity symptoms?

Absolutely and as soon as possible! The good news is that obesity is very treatable.  There is a lot of information available regarding nutrition, exercise and medical procedures. Your doctor can help you sort through it and come up with a realistic plan to help you live  healthy and well.

If you believe that you may be obese because of your appearance or because of symptoms like shortness of breath or joint pain, you should speak with your doctor. It is easier to prevent obesity than to try to lose the excess weight later on, so speak to your doctor as soon as possible. As with any appointment, be sure to discuss the causes, symptoms, complications, and treatments associated with obesity.

Continue Learning about Obesity

Is Obesity Draining your Brain Power?
Is Obesity Draining your Brain Power?
Need some extra motivation to take off those excess pounds? We’ve got it for you! A report reveals, for the first time, that there’s a direct link bet...
How safe is it for me to have surgery if I am obese?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
According to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, obesity is increasing in the US. In fact, nearl...
How does having parents who are overweight affect a child's weight?
Tawana V. McNeill, NASM Elite TrainerTawana V. McNeill, NASM Elite Trainer
Some studies have suggested that a combination of genetics and family environmental influences put c...
Why Is Obesity a Pandemic?
Why Is Obesity a Pandemic?