How does hypothyroidism affect morbid obesity?

Hypothyroidism can contribute to morbid obesity but is not the sole cause. Even with treatment for hypothyroidism, you can be morbidly obese.

Continue Learning about Obesity

More People Obese Than Overweight in the US
In the 1960s, the Detroit Lion’s Roger Brown was the NFL’s first regular player to weigh 300 pounds. In 2014, when 256 players entered the league, 57 ...
Does height and weight affect the risk of prostate cancer?
Prostate cancer is a hormone dependent cancer, which means that it depends on male hormones, primari...
What should I do if I'm morbidly obese?
Nicole Florence, MDNicole Florence, MD
If you are considered to be morbidly obese, it is important to see your physician or a medical weigh...
How Bad Is America's Obesity Problem?
How Bad Is America's Obesity Problem?