How does potassium chloride treat high blood pressure and prevent stroke?

Only partially supported by research, potassium chloride supplementation is deemed a “possibly effective” option for blood pressure reduction and stroke prevention. It is possible that high blood pressure may be related to poor dietary intake of potassium. In theory, this means that increasing your potassium levels with a supplement such as potassium chloride may help to keep blood pressure down and, in turn, lower the risk of stroke. It is important to remember that this use of potassium chloride is still being researched and may not be a good choice for all people. Talk to your doctor before taking over-the-counter remedies for high blood pressure or heart disease. Excessive intake of potassium can cause an irregular heartbeat.

Continue Learning about Nutritive Agent

Will the FDA Regulate Supplement Safety?
The teaser for the 2018 film Vitamania, a documentary about the history of supplements, recounts a disastrous 1913 Antarctic trek. The last two remain...
What risks are associated with Lipozene?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Because Lipozene is made of glucomannan, which is a fiber, the majority of side effects are just lik...
Can eucalyptus oil help me breathe?
Eucalyptus oil can help you breathe easier and kill off bacteria in your lungs. Watch as Dr. Oz ...
Are supplements safe?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
As I’ve learned more about natural therapies, I realize that some alternative therapies are viable...