Why might I have too much acid in my body?

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
Things that contribute to an overly acidic system:
  • Excess animal protein - If you eat animal protein keep portion control and make sure to balance it with plenty of alkaline food choices.
  • Chronic stress, lack of sleep, dehydration, unresolved anger, overall depletion - Tough times happen, stress isn't the enemy, but learning to relax and replenish the system is critical.
  • Artificial stuff: sweeteners, preservatives - Extra hydrogen or acidic ions produce inappropriate acidity in the body. Eat food. (Period).
  • Unnaturally white - White sugar, white flour equals acid-forming.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Kicking the Ultra-Processed Food Habit
Kicking the Ultra-Processed Food Habit
Nick Saban, the famous football coach for LSU and Alabama (his college coaching record is 232–63–1), found that focusing on “the process” was the key ...
How do I find a good dietitian?
Lona SandonLona Sandon
Go to www.eatright.org and click on the link to "Find a Registered Dietitian". Then contact RD's in ...
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
These sneaky sugar sources can sabotage your diet and send blood sugar levels soaring.
How Much Fish Should You Eat to Live Longer?