Why might I have too much acid in my body?

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
Things that contribute to an overly acidic system:
  • Excess animal protein - If you eat animal protein keep portion control and make sure to balance it with plenty of alkaline food choices.
  • Chronic stress, lack of sleep, dehydration, unresolved anger, overall depletion - Tough times happen, stress isn't the enemy, but learning to relax and replenish the system is critical.
  • Artificial stuff: sweeteners, preservatives - Extra hydrogen or acidic ions produce inappropriate acidity in the body. Eat food. (Period).
  • Unnaturally white - White sugar, white flour equals acid-forming.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

The Princess and the (Non-GMO) Pea
The Princess and the (Non-GMO) Pea
In the Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale, a princess has a sleepless night because her future mother-in-law places a pea under the 20 mattresses she ...
What are accessory nutrients?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Some nutrients are not considered essential in the same manner that vitamins and minerals are. Among...
How can my nutrition affect my memory?
gay rileygay riley
It has already been mentioned that food specifically glucose is vital for brain function, since the ...
How Artificial Sweeteners May be Causing Weight Gain