Why does eating chocolate make people happy?

Chocolate releases serotonin and another feel-good hormone called dopamine. Because of that release, people crave the feel-good and can become addicted, much in the same way people can get addicted to caffeine or nicotine.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Could MSG Affect Your Waistline?
Could MSG Affect Your Waistline?
Heard about the unpleasant reactions some people may have to monosodium glutamate (MSG)? Well, here's another potential drawback: weight gain. In a C...
What is the best day of the week to go grocery shopping?
Frances Largeman-Roth, RDFrances Largeman-Roth, RD
When it comes to grocery shopping, the Mamas and Papas were right: Monday, Monday, just can't tr...
Where can I find a dietitian who would help me gain weight?
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RDJoan Salge Blake, MS, RD
There are many places to find a registered dietitian (RD). Many RDs are working in the outpatient de...
Why Are Food Cravings So Hard to Predict and Resist?