What are the symptoms of toxic hunger?

Joel H. Fuhrman, MD
Family Medicine
Toxic hunger is a physical addiction to an unhealthful, low-micronutrient diet. Its symptoms are generally feelings that we have been taught to interpret as hunger. However, they are actually signs of your body's toxicity.

Symptoms of toxic hunger are:
  • Headaches
  • Weakness, shakiness and fatigue
  • Stomach cramping
  • Lightheadedness
  • Esophageal spasms
  • Growling stomach
  • Irritability and inability to concentrate
These uncomfortable symptoms are experienced to different degrees by different individuals.
Eat for Health: Lose Weight, Keep It Off, Look Younger, Live Longer (2 Volume Set)

Dr. Fuhrman's scientifically proven system, Eat For Health, enables you to finally conquer your cravings and food addictions, while steering your taste buds toward healthier food choices. Medical...

Continue Learning about Nutrition

The Surprising Link Between Magnesium and Vitamin D
When Magneto—a Marvel Comics human-mutant who generates and controls magnetic fields—teamed up with the X-Men, it came as a surprise that the once-vil...
What are the best choices in fast food restaurants?
Robert DeVitoRobert DeVito
This answer is directly from the book 90 days to a New You. With a recent paradigm shift seen by ma...
How does silicon help keep my body healthy?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Silicon is responsible for cross-linking collagen strands, thereby contributing greatly to the stren...
What Healthy Grains Should I Keep in My Pantry?