How does the gliadin in wheat impact my appetite?

William Davis, MD
Gliadin is a hard-to-digest protein found in wheat that can negatively impact your appetite; it can stimulate your appetite and cause you to eat more carb-rich foods. In this video, cardiologist and author William Davis, MD, explains this concept. 

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Is Arsenic in Your Family's Food?
Is Arsenic in Your Family's Food?
From rice and apple juice to beer and infant formula, a growing variety of foods and drinks are turning out to contain arsenic. At high levels, or ove...
What are the health benefits of eating dark chocolate?
Your body turns dark chocolate into anti-inflammatory substances that are beneficial to health. Thes...
What problems can arise if I don’t get enough micronutrients in my diet?
Dole Nutrition InstituteDole Nutrition Institute
Countless problems can arise from not getting enough of these micronutrients in the diet. Here are j...
What Foods Can Change My Mood?
What Foods Can Change My Mood?