Can diet foods make me fat?

Low-fat, no fat, carb-free, sugar-free -- some "diet" foods are not diet at all. Learn about four diet foods that actually make you gain weight in this video by Dr. Oz.

Paula Greer
Midwifery Nursing

Absolutely. Much to my surprise when I started reading labels of foods like my diet bread and diet salad dressings I found how most of them contained high fructose corn syrup with affected my grehlin and leptin hormone levels and contributed to my ravenous hunger and cravings and sabotaged my weight loss efforts. Learning that the things I was doing to lose weight was actually inhibiting my weight loss efforts was a valuable lesson to turning my life around. So learn as I did to read those labels and avoid the five food felons as identified by the YOUdocs.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Is Breakfast the Most Important Meal for Weight Loss?
You've heard it before: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But is it really pivotal for weight loss? Most research concludes a morning ...
What should I drink if I'm trying to lose weight?
Cutting out sugary sodas can go a long way toward improving your health and helping you lose weight....
6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight
6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight
Shed pounds without ever having to break a sweat.
What Is the Most Critical Medical Issue Americans Face?