Can diet foods make me fat?

Paula Greer
Midwifery Nursing

Absolutely. Much to my surprise when I started reading labels of foods like my diet bread and diet salad dressings I found how most of them contained high fructose corn syrup with affected my grehlin and leptin hormone levels and contributed to my ravenous hunger and cravings and sabotaged my weight loss efforts. Learning that the things I was doing to lose weight was actually inhibiting my weight loss efforts was a valuable lesson to turning my life around. So learn as I did to read those labels and avoid the five food felons as identified by the YOUdocs.

Low-fat, no fat, carb-free, sugar-free -- some "diet" foods are not diet at all. Learn about four diet foods that actually make you gain weight in this video by Dr. Oz.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

How to Cut Calories: Add Fresh Mushrooms
Here's a simple way to slash major calories from some of your favorite comfort foods—and you won't miss a thing. When you're making lasagna, sloppy j...
How can eating more fish help me lose weight?
Dr. Andrea Pennington, MDDr. Andrea Pennington, MD
By substituting fish for chicken or beef two to three times per week, you'll avoid storing an exce...
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss8 Easy Cooking Hacks for Weight Loss
Lose weight (without sacrificing flavor) with these simple food swaps.
What Are Some Simple Tips for Making Healthy, Home-Cooked Meals?