What are the treatment options for catarrh?

For catarrh that only lasts a couple of days, you can relieve your discomfort by using a decongestant. If you have chronic catarrh, you can use medication to control your symptoms once they are diagnosed. Allergy medications like antihistamines will treat allergies, and steroid nasal sprays are used to treat nasal polyps. For non-allergic rhinitis, the main treatment is avoiding triggers, which are usually certain environmental factors like weather, pollution, and smoke; treatments may include nasal steroids, nasal irrigation, or an oral decongestant.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How do I care for someone with non-allergic rhinitis?
If you are caring for someone who has non-allergic rhinitis, there are things you can do to help the...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with nose disorders?
Caring for someone with a nose disorder requires first determining the cause. If a broken nose or ot...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?