What are the treatment options for catarrh?

For catarrh that only lasts a couple of days, you can relieve your discomfort by using a decongestant. If you have chronic catarrh, you can use medication to control your symptoms once they are diagnosed. Allergy medications like antihistamines will treat allergies, and steroid nasal sprays are used to treat nasal polyps. For non-allergic rhinitis, the main treatment is avoiding triggers, which are usually certain environmental factors like weather, pollution, and smoke; treatments may include nasal steroids, nasal irrigation, or an oral decongestant.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Are nose disorders more common for pregnant women?
Pregnant women experience hormonal changes that sometimes cause symptoms like nasal congestion or ru...
How do I care for someone with non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If you are caring for someone who has non-allergic rhinitis, there are things you can do to help the...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?