What increases my risk for nose disorders?

Your risk for nose disorders increases depending on your health and your level of activity. Structural disorders may be the result of injury to the nose so risk increases with physical activity or involvement in contact sports. Other disorders may be more likely if you have inflammatory conditions like lupus, asthma, or cystic fibrosis. Women, who experience regular hormonal changes, may be more susceptible to nasal congestion. Exposure to cigarette smoke, chemicals, smog, and other irritants may increase your risk for certain nose disorders.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How do nose disorders affect the body?
Regardless of the cause of nose disorder, the effect on the body is determined by the severity of th...
How is allergic rhinitis treated?
Dr. Brian J. Broker, MDDr. Brian J. Broker, MD
Allergic rhinitis is both a swelling of the lining of the nose and thickening of the mucus. In gener...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?