What causes a deviated septum?

You can be born with a deviated septum or it can be caused by an injury. Either way, they are actually quite common. If the deviation is small enough you could have a deviated septum and not even realize it. In other cases, your septum might be so bent that you have trouble breathing through one of your nostrils. Broken noses are one of the most common causes of a deviated septum.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What can I do about my runny nose?
For children and adults, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, decongestants and saline nasal spray...
How does non-allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Non-allergic rhinitis is caused by many things, including the common cold. About 1 billion people ar...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?