What causes a deviated septum?

You can be born with a deviated septum or it can be caused by an injury. Either way, they are actually quite common. If the deviation is small enough you could have a deviated septum and not even realize it. In other cases, your septum might be so bent that you have trouble breathing through one of your nostrils. Broken noses are one of the most common causes of a deviated septum.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How is allergic rhinitis treated?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The most effective treatments for allergic rhinitis are corticosteroids or antihistamines that can b...
What are the treatment options for catarrh?
For catarrh that only lasts a couple of days, you can relieve your discomfort by using a decongestan...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?