Should I talk to my child's doctor about choanal atresia symptoms?

You should talk to your child's doctor about any choanal atresia symptoms your child displays. Choanal atresia symptoms are usually apparent at birth and will be diagnosed immediately. However symptoms are less obvious when only one side of the nasal passages is blocked. If your baby appears to be having trouble breathing or breathes through the mouth on a regular basis, see your doctor.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What are nose disorders?
Nose disorders, also called nasal disorders, are the problems that you may experience in your nose d...
What causes perennial allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Allergic rhinitis is a type of rhinitis caused by an allergy. When a person breathes in an allergen,...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?