Should I be worried about anosmia?

Anosmia is not serious, but this condition can impact a person's life. People with anosmia have no sense of smell, which can affect their ability to taste food. In addition, people with anosmia are unable to smell potentially dangerous odors, such as gas leaks or smoke. It is important to have safety checks, such as smoke alarms, at home if you have anosmia.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What can cause growths in the nose that occasionally bleed?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
There are many things that grow in noses that can occasionally bleed. Without seeing what is growing...
What can I do for nasal congestion?
Tasneem H. Bhatia, MDTasneem H. Bhatia, MD
Natural remedies can be effective for clearing a stuffy nose, says integrative medicine speciali...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?