How does seasonal allergic rhinitis affect the body?

Seasonal allergic rhinitis affects the body's immune system by causing it to react to harmless allergens as threatening invaders. White blood cell levels will usually increase in response to the allergen, and these cells trigger the release of histamine. Histamine then affects other parts of your body by causing symptoms like congestion, headache, itchy throat and eyes, and a runny nose.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What causes perennial allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Allergic rhinitis is a type of rhinitis caused by an allergy. When a person breathes in an allergen,...
How do I manage nose disorders on a daily basis?
Managing nose disorders may be as simple as keeping your nasal passages clear by blowing your nose. ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?