Are nose disorders more common for pregnant women?

Pregnant women experience hormonal changes that sometimes cause symptoms like nasal congestion or runny nose. This is because hormone changes may lead to an increased blood supply, making your nose swell or bleed more easily. To avoid complications from nose disorders while you are pregnant, drink plenty of fluids, humidify the air, and blow your nose gently. Remember that some medications are not recommended during pregnancy, or should be used only for a brief time and with caution.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How is a nose disorder diagnosed?
Nasal disorders are often diagnosed by the basic symptoms observed by you and your doctor. If furthe...
What is the long-term prognosis for someone with nose disorders?
The long-term prognosis for nose disorder is good in that nose disorders are rarely serious. Some no...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?