Are nose disorders more common for pregnant women?

Pregnant women experience hormonal changes that sometimes cause symptoms like nasal congestion or runny nose. This is because hormone changes may lead to an increased blood supply, making your nose swell or bleed more easily. To avoid complications from nose disorders while you are pregnant, drink plenty of fluids, humidify the air, and blow your nose gently. Remember that some medications are not recommended during pregnancy, or should be used only for a brief time and with caution.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What can I do for nasal congestion?
Tasneem H. Bhatia, MDTasneem H. Bhatia, MD
Natural remedies can be effective for clearing a stuffy nose, says integrative medicine speciali...
What can I do about my runny nose?
For children and adults, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, decongestants and saline nasal spray...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?