How are tumors of the nose and sinuses treated?

Anaccurate diagnosis from the tissue biopsy is essential to guiding treatment of a sinonasal tumor. Treatment is planned for each individual case and depends on the type, size, and location of the tumor.

It may include one or all of the following:

• Surgery, often involving both a neurosurgeon and ENT surgeon. Minimally invasive surgery may be appropriate in selected cases.
  • Radiation
  • Chemotherapy
  • Long-term follow-up and imaging

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Are there ever complications to surgery for nose disorders?
As with any surgery, nose disorder surgeries pose certain risk of complication. In addition to c...
What are the treatment options for allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If your allergic rhinitis symptoms are interfering with your daily life, you should talk to your doc...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?