How are tumors of the nose and sinuses treated?

Anaccurate diagnosis from the tissue biopsy is essential to guiding treatment of a sinonasal tumor. Treatment is planned for each individual case and depends on the type, size, and location of the tumor.

It may include one or all of the following:

• Surgery, often involving both a neurosurgeon and ENT surgeon. Minimally invasive surgery may be appropriate in selected cases.
  • Radiation
  • Chemotherapy
  • Long-term follow-up and imaging

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is it dangerous to hold in a sneeze?
Holding in a sneeze is like holding down the top of a jack-in-the-box. Why not just let it out? The ...
How is allergic rhinitis treated?
The most effective treatments for allergic rhinitis are corticosteroids or antihistamines that can b...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?