How do I position someone who has a nosebleed?

Have the person sit in a chair and lean forward so the blood does not go down their throat. Once in this position, have the person apply pressure with gauze to help stop the bleeding. (This answer provided for NATA by the Eastern Kentucky University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are the treatment options for allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If your allergic rhinitis symptoms are interfering with your daily life, you should talk to your doc...
What are nose disorders?
Nose disorders, also called nasal disorders, are the problems that you may experience in your nose d...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?