How do I position someone who has a nosebleed?

Have the person sit in a chair and lean forward so the blood does not go down their throat. Once in this position, have the person apply pressure with gauze to help stop the bleeding. (This answer provided for NATA by the Eastern Kentucky University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Does nasal lavage help with nose disorders?
Brian J. Broker, MDBrian J. Broker, MD
Nasal Lavage can give temporary relief of nasal congestion by rinsing out thick mucus from the nose....
How does allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Allergic rhinitis affects the body by causing sinus irritation. You will likely experience cold symp...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?