How do nose disorders affect the body?

Regardless of the cause of nose disorder, the effect on the body is determined by the severity of the condition. Some symptoms are minor annoyances, while others can make you completely miserable. Polyps and rhinitis, for example, may cause occasional runny nose but may also lead to sleep apnea or changes in the structure of the face from swelling. Nose disorders can interrupt daily living, sleep patterns, and even your sense of taste and smell. In general, unless caused by a tumor, nose disorders are not considered serious or life threatening.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What are the treatment options for nose disorders?
Minor nose disorders like a runny nose may be treated with an over-the-counter medicine, but some di...
How can I get rid of my chronic nasal congestion?
Chronic nasal congestion can be treated in a variety of ways. One the easiest and most effective met...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?