How do nose disorders affect the body?

Regardless of the cause of nose disorder, the effect on the body is determined by the severity of the condition. Some symptoms are minor annoyances, while others can make you completely miserable. Polyps and rhinitis, for example, may cause occasional runny nose but may also lead to sleep apnea or changes in the structure of the face from swelling. Nose disorders can interrupt daily living, sleep patterns, and even your sense of taste and smell. In general, unless caused by a tumor, nose disorders are not considered serious or life threatening.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is a nose disorder serious?
Unless a nose disorder is the result of a malignant tumor or causes serious obstruction to the airwa...
What are the treatment options for allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If your allergic rhinitis symptoms are interfering with your daily life, you should talk to your doc...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?