How do I manage my infective rhinitis on a daily basis?

Your infective rhinitis (common cold) will probably last 10-14 days. You can manage your cold on a daily basis by using over-the-counter medications to reduce the severity and duration of the symptoms. These medications include antihistamines to help stop your runny nose, pain relievers to reduce fever and body aches, cough syrups to sooth your irritated throat and reduce coughing, and decongestants to help you breathe easier. Stay away from others to prevent spreading the cold, get as much rest as possible, and drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Should I talk to my doctor about my non-allergic rhinitis symptoms?
Symptoms such as nasal congestion are related to non-allergic rhinitis and can recur year-round. In ...
What are the treatment options for catarrh?
For catarrh that only lasts a couple of days, you can relieve your discomfort by using a decongestan...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?