How likely is it that my child's choanal atresia will be cured?

In all likelihood, your child will be cured of choanal atresia. Full recovery is generally expected after surgery. Further complications usually only arrive if there are other conditions present along with choanal atresia.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?
Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although la...
What are the treatment options for perennial allergic rhinitis?
Dr. Christopher Maloney, NDDr. Christopher Maloney, ND
A large number of alternative treatments treat allergic rhinitis. Many programs and supplements focu...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?