How does laser surgery treat rhinophyma?

Laser surgery uses powerful and concentrated beams of light to remove very specific tissues. The technology is used widely to treat various skin conditions including enlarged blood vessels and rhinophyma. Laser surgery does not require staying overnight in the hospital, has very low risk of infection, allows the surgeon very precise control, lowers the risk of injuring healthy tissue, and causes very little bleeding.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What else besides GERD can cause mucous in my nose and throat?
Brian J. Broker, MDBrian J. Broker, MD
Mucous is naturally present in the throat. The sensation of "post nasal drip" or mucous in the throa...
What are the treatment options for non-allergic rhinitis?
Treatments for non-allergic rhinitis vary, depending on severity and type of symptoms. If your sympt...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?