How does laser surgery treat rhinophyma?

Laser surgery uses powerful and concentrated beams of light to remove very specific tissues. The technology is used widely to treat various skin conditions including enlarged blood vessels and rhinophyma. Laser surgery does not require staying overnight in the hospital, has very low risk of infection, allows the surgeon very precise control, lowers the risk of injuring healthy tissue, and causes very little bleeding.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What is allergic rhinitis?
Retreat Doctors’ Hospital - HCA VirginiaRetreat Doctors’ Hospital - HCA Virginia
Allergies, sometimes referred to as allergic rhinitis, are a very common health problem involving an...
What is the rate of incidence of nose disorders?
Your nose is very important to your overall health and can be affected by many problems. As the nose...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?