How does laser surgery treat rhinophyma?

Laser surgery uses powerful and concentrated beams of light to remove very specific tissues. The technology is used widely to treat various skin conditions including enlarged blood vessels and rhinophyma. Laser surgery does not require staying overnight in the hospital, has very low risk of infection, allows the surgeon very precise control, lowers the risk of injuring healthy tissue, and causes very little bleeding.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is there a cure for nose disorders?
Nose disorders that are a result of structural problems may be cured with surgical treatments. A dev...
Are nose disorders more common for pregnant women?
Pregnant women experience hormonal changes that sometimes cause symptoms like nasal congestion or ru...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?